Reset delay

Flying Bollards Wreckfest server discussion
FlyingBollards

Reset delay

Post by FlyingBollards » 30 Jun 2018, 09:14

I spent a bit of time on the servers last night looking at car resets and I've now set the delay to 10 seconds. It may increase.

There were a few suggestions that 10 seconds was too long and if used at the start it puts you right to the back of the grid.

This might be true but resets should be an absolute last resort, only used when stuck on a rock, upside down or trapped outside the track.

Losing 10 seconds and dropping to the back of the grid is better than sitting out the whole race because you can't move.

If I get booted over a fence it's going to take me longer than 10 seconds to drive around finding a gap, coming back onto track, working out if I've missed a checkpoint, what direction I should be going in.

And I don't want reset to be an alternative to that.

So currently 10 seconds, maybe it'll go up.

Simo

Re: Reset delay

Post by Simo » 04 Jul 2018, 14:33

Cool, I think 10 is fine (not seen it in action). I like being out of the race, like in real life. But it does suck when you get wedged on rocks or some lame place, so it's a welcome addition. Am gonna miss helping people though :)

Simo

Re: Reset delay

Post by Simo » 05 Jul 2018, 09:23

Experienced it last night and it was perfect, shame we have to hold it but i'll take 10 seconds of holding over 5 minutes of being upside down in a ditch on Sandpit. Any shorter I think it negates the severity of a big crash out.