Discord for FB?

Flying Bollards Wreckfest server discussion
Simo

Discord for FB?

Post by Simo » 15 Jul 2018, 15:38

Be good to have discord for some regulars who wish to partake in some vocal banter. No idea if it costs or w/e but every bugger seems to have their own channel these days. Would be good :)

FlyingBollards

Re: Discord for FB?

Post by FlyingBollards » 15 Jul 2018, 16:43

I'll have a look into it - I'm surprised Steam doesn't have voice channels.

I could set up a teamspeak server too, but I'll look into Discord in case it's free!

root
Site Admin

Post by root » 15 Jul 2018, 18:54

Done! Link at the top of the forum or here.
https://discord.gg/8URDvs5

Let me know if you can join!

Teho

Post by Teho » 15 Jul 2018, 20:15

Weeell I do have Discord for other communities, but I don't own a headset. You see, I just about never play multiplayer ever, I just don't like having to deal with all the little immature troll arseholes that infest most multiplayer games. And I generally like a well crafted single player experience best anyway. Driving games are the only games I'll play the mulitplayer on, and so far I'm liking this one very much as it seems to not have that many little immature troll arseholes. It seems the average age of the players is fairly high so mostly a nice and mature bunch.

That said, I'm still generally never playing multiplayer ever, and I am just not going to buy a headset for this one exception alone. I think you can use the mobile app with a handsfree set, but the audio quality will be poor and the rest of you will be hearing my background noise, game sound etc. But could look into that if anything.

Might join the discord anyway, for @everyone pings and such. Will see.

Oh, er.. hi. I'm new to the forum but I've been on the server a lot since the full release. I backed the game way back, the original failed kickstarter as well, but haven't been playing the early access version beyond a couple of drunk evenings with a friend.

FlyingBollards

Post by FlyingBollards » 16 Jul 2018, 08:34

Hey Teho. It's been fun racing your drunken Killerbee.

Simo

Post by Simo » 16 Jul 2018, 10:03

Welcome Teho - I think discord is just a modern forum really, most people have it and can use their one account rather than have loads of logins.